- Advanced methods and techniques for collection of ethnolinguistic field research
- Creating and processing audiovisual documentation for the purposes of language revitalization programs
- Strategies for digital activation of Indigenous languages
- Documenting language and ethno-botanical knowledge
- Transdisciplinary research in language and culture with a special regard to traditional knowledge, indigenous methodology, community-driven research
Sessions will be led by recognized experts, including:
- Willem Adelaar (Leiden)
- Omar Aguilar (Leiden)
- Eithne Carlin (Leiden)
- Ebany Dohle (SOAS)
- Adrian Gomez (Leiden)
- Juan Carlos Reyes Gomez (Leiden)
- Maarten Jansen (Leiden)
- Tuntiak Katan Jua
- Maarten Kossmann (Leiden)
- Raul Macuil (Leiden)
- Sophie Mu (SOAS)
- Refugio Nava Nava (Universidad Autónoma de Tlaxcala)
- Genner Llanes Ortiz (Leiden)
- Candide Simard (SOAS)
Participants will also have the opportunity to present a poster about their own work in a public exibition, and the possibility to attend sessions at the Digital Heritage meeting.
The event is open for participants from the three institutions and members of linguistic/ethnic minorities.
The lates version of the programme is available.
Requirements for enrollment:
- a short justification/motivation for the participation in the summer school (taking into account research experience, research interest, current projects)
- competence in English
- previous participation in ENGHUM events
If you would like to participate in The Summer School please complete the enrollment form.