The summer school “Language, Heritage and Transdisciplinarity” is organized by the Faculty of “Artes Liberales” of the University of Warsaw, in collaboration with SOAS (University of London) and Leiden University within the Engaged Humanities project (Twinning Horizon 2020). It will take place between 12 and 17 of June 2017.
Enrollment is open until April 24. For SOAS students enrollment is open until May 1.
Theoretical and practical workshops on themes:
- Advanced methods and techniques for collection of ethnolinguistic field research
- Creating and processing audiovisual documentation for the purposes of language revitalization programs
- Strategies for digital activation of Indigenous languages
- Documenting language and ethno-botanical knowledge
- Transdisciplinary research in language and culture with a special regard to traditional knowledge, indigenous methodology, community-driven research
Sessions will be led by recognized experts, including:
- Willem Adelaar (Leiden)
- Omar Aguilar (Leiden)
- Eithne Carlin (Leiden)
- Ebany Dohle (SOAS)
- Adrian Gomez (Leiden)
- Juan Carlos Reyes Gomez (Leiden)
- Maarten Jansen (Leiden)
- Tuntiak Katan Jua
- Maarten Kossmann (Leiden)
- Raul Macuil (Leiden)
- Sophie Mu (SOAS)
- Refugio Nava Nava (Universidad Autónoma de Tlaxcala)
- Genner Llanes Ortiz (Leiden)
- Candide Simard (SOAS)
Participants will also have the opportunity to present a poster about their own work in a public exibition, and the possibility to attend sessions at the Digital Heritage meeting.
The event is open for participants from the three institutions and members of linguistic/ethnic minorities.
Here the latest version of the programme is avaliable.
Requirements for enrollment:
- a short justification/motivation for the participation in the summer school (taking into account research experience, research interest, current projects)
- competence in English
- previous participation in ENGHUM events
If you would like to participate in The Summer School please compete the enrollment form.